Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Good Eats!

Death leaned over the saddle and looked down at the kingdoms of the world.

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, he said, BUT I COULD MURDER A CURRY.

"Sir?"

YES?

"What's a curry?"

The blue fires flared deep in the eyes of Death.

HAVE YOU EVER BITTEN A RED-HOT ICE CUBE?

"No, sir," said Mort.

CURRY'S LIKE THAT.


(Mort, Terry Pratchett.)

Addendum (October 4, 2007): Hot sauce as a weapon?

Addendum (October 12, 2007):

Jack took off his coat, covered his waistcoat and breeches with an apron, and carried the dishes into the scullery. 'My plate and saucer will serve again,' said Stephen. 'I have blown upon them. I do wish, Jack,' he cried, 'that you would leave that milk-saucepan alone. It is perfectly clean. What more sanitary, what more wholesome, than scalded milk?'


(Patrick O'Brian)

No comments: