Thursday, September 11, 2008

How to Teach the Children

I'm sure there's an officially sanctioned academically sound politically correct format out there somewhere...but how do I tell my daughter about what happened today? Especially when I still find it so difficult to speak about it myself?

I have wanted to be the one to do so. I feel that she needs to hear it from somebody who was there. Unvarnished from historical distortions as I can make it; as close to the actual experience as I can relate, without scaring the living daylights out of her.

Now I find that I must do so. Why? It seems that a classmate has given her a somewhat distorted version of what happened. No doubt he only heard it from his parents, but it has the taint of the whole it-was-a-plot-by-the-United-States-and-the-Israelis element about it.

"Let me tell you about the day Daddy almost got killed..."

No comments: