Sunday, March 01, 2009

Fred's Reading Report (February 2009)

Well, that one jumped by! Cold, but short, lots of long winter nights. And that dang groundhog is predicting a longer winter (and with a storm coming in tonight that is expected to dump between six and eighteen inches of snow...).

So where do I stand?

Long works: 19 books. In February, I read: Doc Sidhe (Aaron Allson); The Letter of Marque (Patrick O'Brian); Gust Front (John Ringo); Claws That Catch (John Ringo and Travis S. Taylor); The Defence of Duffer's Drift (E.D. Swinton); One Good Soldier (copy edited, actually) (Travis S. Taylor); Celebrated Cases of Judge Dee, The Chinese Gold Murders, The Lacquer Screen (Robert Van Gulik); and a bucket-load of slush...probably about three dozen books (varying lengths before I gave up).

Short works: 74 works. Sort of. Sort of, because I'm working on a review for another site...so I'm not counting those stories until I finish up the review. So stay tuned for an update there.

"In process" are quite a few works, both long and short. The year is shaping up to be another productive one. Down with television!

No comments: