Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Questions

Jeph Jacques: Questionable Content (Volume 01) (Topatoco Books; 2010; ISBN 978-0-9824862-5-2; cover and interior by Jeph Jacques).

I'm not sure when I first ran across Questionable Content. Not at the beginning, but somewhere near the beginning. For several years now, five times a week, I tune in to see what is up with Marten, Faye, Dora and the others along with Pintsize and Yelling Bird.

Now, to be sure, I am not the target audience of this webcomic. Emos? Get a life. Hipsters? Get a job? Indy rock? Give me my Eno records.

But...it is dang funny. Sure, the indy rock references sail past me, but the comments about relationships, life, work...spot on.

This collection takes us from the first strip to 299 (plus a bonus). As of this writing, the strip is up to 1822 entries. You can catch up for free (heck, you can read everything but the bonus for free), but buy the book. And the t-shirts. That way I can keep up with Marten, Faye, Dora, Pintsize...and Yelling Bird.

No comments: