Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Review and Posting Policy

And now a word from...me!

I'm averaging 2-3 review requests here. A few thoughts. First, take a look at the books I read and review. Amish Romance Fiction? Seriously? Folks, why would I even consider reviewing such a thing? When have I ever written about the subject?

Second, you'd be better served sending your request for somebodhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gify to review your book to a bigger site such as SF Signal or Functional Nerds. I only do an occasional review for the bigger sites, but the bigger sites have a lot of volunteers to read incoming books so your chances of getting a review up there are far greater.

Third, I'm just one person. This is my personal blog. I only review books here that I purchase personally as I know the author, or like his/her books, or the cover catches my eye, etc. So, thanks for the submissions and requests and like, but this is not the blog you are looking for.

Fourth, an addition: I have only had one guest posting, a special request from a friend. And while I did post a couple of excerpts from a book, again, it was a request from a friend. I am not interested in entertaining requests to write postings, tune my blog, blah, blah, blah. Thanks, but no thanks.

No comments: