Thursday, November 17, 2011

Imperial Madness

"'They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give themselves to me.

Like clay I shall mould them and in the furnace of war I shall forge them.

They will be of iron will and steely muscle.

In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest gun shall they be armed.

They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them.

They will have tactics, strategies and machines such that no foe will best them in battle.

They are my bulwark against the terror.

They are the defenders of Humanity.

They are my Space Marines...

...and they shall know no fear.'

-The Emperor of Man

'Another day nearer the battle

So drink up, lads and look brave.

For another day nearer the battle

Is another day nearer the grave.'

Imperial Guard drinking song

'Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. But those who understand realise that you have no right to let them live.'

-In Exterminatus Extremis

'Do not ask which creature screams in the night.

Do not ask who crouches in the shadow.

For it is my voice that wakes you in the night

And me who watches you from the shadow.

I am Tzeentch and you are the puppet

That dances to my tune.

Karazantor the Vile, Traitor of Xian

'Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we win we win, if we die so it don't count as beat. If we runs for it we don't die neither, so we can always come back for anuvver go, see!'

-Anon

'They have only one purpose and there is nothing they will not do to accomplish this, no matter how vile or loathsome it might be. These abominations mean to destroy everything proud and noble, everything we hold dear and have fought so long to achieve.'

-Inqisitor Agmar on Tyranids

'A Heretic may see the truth and seek redemption. He may be forgiven his past and will be absolved in death. A Traitor can never be forgiven. A Traitor will never find peace in this world or the next. There is nothing as wretched or as hated in all the world as a Traitor.'

-Cardinal Khrysdam, Instructum Absolutio

'Listen but closely Brothers, for my life's breath is all but spent. There shall come a time far from now when our Chapter itself is dying, even as I am now dying, and our foes shall gather to destroy us. Then my children, I shall listen for your call in whatever realm of death holds me, and come I shall, no matter what the laws of life and death forbid. At the end I will be there. For the final battle. For the Wolftime.

-Last words of Leman Russ, Primarch of the Space Wolves

'Through the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.

I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear.'

-Kargos Bloodspitter, Champion of Khorne

'We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way.'

-Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus, Tarsis Ultra

"Curses! Just when you've finally managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes whining off to the Adeptus Terra about rogue psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look posssessed? Well, do I? DO I???" - Personal Log of Lord Varlak, 995.M41 (during the Purging of Korsk II)

"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty." - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov"

No comments: